Case Study: On the Move with Rail
About this Project
Through strategic outsourcing, ALTEX Wire and Cable solved several pain points for a rail transportation systems integrator.
Our engineering team assisted in design and then custom manufactured wire harness assemblies for rail crossing warning systems, braking systems, transit controls and end-of-train boxes.
Case Study Summary
A supplier of and systems integrator for safety solutions in rail transportation.
Wire harnessing was not a core competency for the integrator. Capacity issues plus a lack of workforce and manufacturing floor space also challenged the integrator’s ability to meet their global customer’s needs.
Outsource key assembly operations to a proven supply chain partner. This allowed the company to redeploy their workforce in other areas and free up manufacturing space.
- OEM was able to meet industry demands and grow their business
- Customized production of key components with Just in Time (JIT) delivery
- Improved manufacturability resulting in production efficiencies and a reduced Bills of Material (BOM)
- Successful manufacturing relationship resulting in ongoing
- Our client meet the needs of their customer