Did you know manufacturing is one of the hottest career paths right now? Whether you are a seasoned professional or a millennial looking to make an impact, there’s a lot to love about manufacturing. Check out our top ten reasons why manufacturing jobs rock right now!
- Manufacturing creates strong middle-class jobs, often with benefits.
- Manufacturing is having a big impact on jobs, livelihoods and the economy nationwide.
- There are many exciting sectors of work available.
- Manufacturing offers a wide variety of career paths.
- There’s lots of room for growth within manufacturing.
- Individual contributions to success are distinct and tangible.
- Innovations generated by today’s manufacturers keep our nation competitive and at the forefront of new technologies.
- Manufacturing gives you the opportunity to use STEM and technical skills.
- Factories are safer and cleaner than ever before.
- The manufacturing industry helps support our global and national economies.
U.S. Manufacturing Jobs Stats:
- There are 17.6 million manufacturing jobs across the United States.
- One in every six jobs in the U.S. is a manufacturing position.
- For every job held in manufacturing, 2.91 jobs are created in another sector.
- Every dollar spent on manufacturing equates to $1.37 contributed to the economy overall.
Ready to explore a manufacturing career of your own? Check out our ALTEX Wire and Cable careers page.